Friday 12 July 2013

Sextile - good but not good enough



I started with DUOMI and Trev played the classy SEXTILE (81). Contrary to popular belief, it does not refer to coitus on ceramics; it is an angle of 60 degrees between 2 celestial bodies. I think they should have made it 69 degrees. I made solid scores HONK (54), HABIT (39) and FI(N)ANCED (74) while Dr Hovelmeier lagged behind by 25 points. Just as he caught up with RENEsT(E)D, I made J(E)ER through his E for 57. Afterwards Trev pointed out that PRETENCE and TEREBENE would have been better as they would not have given me a spot for the J. By the time Trev played ANSwERS (76) I had an unassailable lead. My first 10 moves were perfect which is very encouraging for the upcoming Gauteng Masters. Final score Dylan 449 vs Trevor 395



No comments:

Post a Comment