Saturday 13 July 2013

Riding a panzer, eating nartjies



Trev opened with UNCI and I played GOX to his U, keeping RATE. Trev played (N)ARTJIES (68) and I double-doubled with EN(T)RANTS (82). Trev got 54 for P(A)NZER through my A, an armoured combat vehicle and I countered with GUAVAS for 42. After 4 turns it was 160 each. The game was on! Unfortunately, Trev soon bonused  with DiMPlED to take a commanding lead. Even though I held the very promising RETAIN+Y, the board was so blocked that a professional plumber and a crew of jolly lumberjacks could not unblock it. I gave up on bonus hunting and decided to go for score instead. I played TYIYN for 45 which was very snazzy but sadly not enough. I opened with REV which would have allowed me to play NAILERS/EREV next turn but Trevor blocked with BORA, a cold wind. Trev only had 3 seconds on his clock and I tried to exploit this by throwing him a curveball when I played ASSY (a nonword). It went unchallenged but did not help my result. Final score Dylan 364 vs Trev 388.



No comments:

Post a Comment